Inconel 625, also known as Alloy 625, is a nickel alloy that is known for its impeccable strength and resistance against aqueous corrosion. The reason for its phenomenal strength and hardness is the presence of niobium in it which combines with molybdenum and causes stiffness in the material. Alloy 625’s other strengths include marvelous fatigue strength and resistance to stress-corrosion chloride ions.
The weldability found in this nickel alloy is also outstanding, it can be welded by both manual and automatic welding methods and it is used to weld AL-6XN. Besides that, it holds resistance against a number of corrosive procedures like pitting and crevice corrosion. This alloy can also be formed by cold working.
Inconel 625 is used in a variety of applications, these include
• Chemical Processing
• Aerospace and Marine Engineering
• Pollution-control equipment
• Nuclear Reactors
Properties of Inconel 625
• Super creep-rupture strength
• Outstanding oxidation resistance up to 1800° F
• Resistant to seawater pitting and crevice corrosion
• Able to resist chloride ion stress corrosion cracking