Inconel 625 is an alloy made from Nickel, Chromium and Molybdenum. Inconel metal is primarily used in various high temperature applications. The generally used trade names of these super alloys include Inconel 6020, Inconel 625, Haynes 625, Altemp 625, Chronin 625 and Monel 400.
Properties of Inconel 625 Pipe
Inconel 625 metals are famous for their wonderful property of resistance to corrosion and oxidation. They are often used in applications that run in harsh environment. These alloys are particularly used in conditions of high temperature.
When heated to high temperature, this highly heat resistant alloy forms a thick oxide layer that guards its surface from excessive heat. In spite of high amounts of heat Inconel 625 keeps its hardness. It is because of this property that this alloy is used in high temperature condition where steel fails to work. Its extraordinary resistance to high temperature and strength is due to precipitation strengthening or solid solution strengthening.
Inconel 625 is hard to shape and machine because of the rapidity with which it solidifies. After it experiences first machining process, the work hardening plastically deforms either the tool or workpiece on the next processes. Because of Inconel625’s hardness they are machined with the use of a hard tool. Using this type of tool removes the requirement for Inconel625having to undergo a number of processes.
However, most of the machining might be done once the metal is hard. The external threads are machined using a lathe or by using a twist machine to roll the threads. The holes that have outer threads are made by means of brazing or weld stainless steel threaded inserts. Cutting of the plate is generally done by using a water jet cutter. Internal threads may also also be cut by thread milling. Ceramic cutters are also made use of for machining Inconel alloys. These tools remove material faster than the carbide cutters.
Because of the microstructural separation and break of alloying parts in the heat affected area, welding of the Inconel is not a simple task. On the other hand, some Inconel alloys have been deliberately designed to address this problem. The most ordinary welding method used is gas tungsten arc welding. Furthermore, some recently invented methods like pulsed micro laser welding were made use to join the alloys.
Uses of Inconel 625:
• Inconel 625 metals are extensively used in appliances that work in high temperature surroundings.
• They are mostly used in gas seals, to make turbine blades and for the combustors, as well as turbocharger rotors and seals, high temperature fastener, motor shafts, pressure and chemical processing vessels, steam generator heat exchanger tubing, and tire out systems.
• These metals are also used in heating boilers found in waste incinerators.
• Inconel 625 alloy is used to make the Joint European Torus vessel. Within this vessel, plasma is heated to a temperature much higher than the heat generated by the sun. A very tough magnetic field protects the vessel from the great heat of the plasma.
• Inconel 625 is also used in Aerospace industries
• These metals are also used in Pollution control equipment
Past Orders completed of Inconel 625 Tubing
Custom made tubing of of sizes 3/4″ , 1 1/4″ with 0.8mm thick supplied to Taiwan based fuel cell manufacturer.