Alloy 20 is a nickel chromium molybdenum stainless-steel alloy designed for applications including sulfuric acid. The corrosion protection as well finds other uses in the chemical substance, food, pharmaceutical, energy generation, and also plastics manufacturers. Alloy 20 prevents pitting and also chloride ion rust and its copper content defend it from sulfuric acid. Alloy 20 is not a stainless-steel though a nickel alloys (ASTM). Alloy 20 can often be selected to solve stress corrosion cracking issues, which can occur with 316L stainless. It is usually generally known as Carpenter 20. Cast versions are chosen CN7M Alloy 20 has become a well known choice for an array of industries which include the chemical, foods, pharmaceutical, and also plastics manufacturers. Additionally, this superb alloy is required in high temperature exchangers, combining tanks, metal cleansing and also pickling tools, and piping.
Features of Alloy 20
• Excellent basic corrosion resistance to sulfuric acid
• Excellent protection to chloride stress rust cracking
• Excellent mechanical qualities and fabricability
• Minimal carbide precipitation for the duration of welding
• Excels in resisting corrosion to very hot sulfuric acids